FRAUD at Outback Steakhouse
i***@gmail.com
2018-02-28 07:50:46 UTC
I tried to send this to televisions stations KGO, KPIX, KRON, KNTV, and KTVU but failed so I've notified them via Twitter that this is here.

YOU ARE PRTICIPATING IN A FRAUD:
Don't take my word for it. Try to get the meal you've advertised for Outback Steakhouse at the advertised price.

We have not yet augmented our Yelp review

https://www.yelp.com/biz/outback-steakhouse-daly-city?hrid=lAu6mB-R8y5_bptw_VkoKQ&utm_campaign=www_review_share_popup&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=(direct)

with what follows:

Will we never learn?

The broadcast advertisement clearly showed a Fillet Mignon (verified several times since) as part of the stean 'n' lobster special for $15.99 but were told we couldn't have it at that price but we could for $18. OK.

What we were served were not Fillets Mignon. Our server said they were sirloin steaks and that Fillets Mignon aren't available at the $18 price despite what the broadcast advertisement shows.

The steaks were properly prepared but a bit on the tough side.

When the check came, I was startled by the amount. $18 had become $18.99! So the Fillet Mignon and lobster tail special for $16 we had taken a trip to Daly City to have became sirloin steaks at $19.

Will we ever learn? Well, when they have the steak and beer special, we might give it another try.

I have notified local broadcasters that they're participating in a fraud.
kerf
2018-02-28 15:45:48 UTC
Post by i***@gmail.com
[...]
One thing to consider - the restaurant may have been owned by a local
franchisee and they do have the power to set their own pricing.

Subway ran into the same thing with their 5$ footlong promotion.

Individual owners had to drop the special because they were losing a
buck a sandwich.
i***@gmail.com
2018-03-05 05:43:44 UTC
CORRECTING a mi$take: Fillets Mignon aren't available at the $16 price

I understand your point, kerf, but mine is quite simple:

If it's not available here, don't advertise it here!

There was no disclaimer on the ad saying "Not available in Daly City unless you accept a sirloin steak in lieu of a Fillet Mignon and pay three dollars more than this advertisement promises".

Our search revealed that the Daly City venue is the closest to the transmitters, and offices, of the broadcasters where the fraudulent ad, that they should pull, appears. Despite my Yelp and Tweet and post here, the ad still runs. KGO, KPIX, KRON, KNTV, and KTVU are participating in a fraud!

I don't care what their excuse is: We were defrauded!
i***@gmail.com
2018-03-05 06:40:15 UTC
Post by kerf
Post by i***@gmail.com
I have notified local broadcasters that they're participating in a fraud.
One thing to consider