"Rain" by Raymond Carver
VickieB
2014-09-03 11:19:10 UTC
Rain

by Raymond Carver

Woke up this morning with
a terrific urge to lie in bed all day
and read. Fought against it for a minute.

Then looked out the window at the rain.
And gave over. Put myself entirely
in the keep of this rainy morning.

Would I live my life over again?
Make the same unforgivable mistakes?
Yes, given half a chance. Yes.

"Rain" by Raymond Carver, from The Collected Poems.
© Knopf, 1996. Reprinted with permission.

v .. one of life's great pleasures - reading in bed
on a rainy day. Now if we could only get some rain,
my lawn thinks it's Oct., there are $700 fines for
wrongful lawn watering
Marian
2014-09-04 15:53:56 UTC
Post by VickieB
Rain
by Raymond Carver
Woke up this morning with
a terrific urge to lie in bed all day
and read. Fought against it for a minute.
Then looked out the window at the rain.
And gave over. Put myself entirely
in the keep of this rainy morning.
Would I live my life over again?
Make the same unforgivable mistakes?
Yes, given half a chance. Yes.
"Rain" by Raymond Carver, from The Collected Poems.
� Knopf, 1996. Reprinted with permission.
v .. one of life's great pleasures - reading in bed
on a rainy day. Now if we could only get some rain,
my lawn thinks it's Oct., there are $700 fines for
wrongful lawn watering
Carver's a man after my own heart. Lovely to wake up to rain and realize I don't have to get outta bed.

You're dry, we're wetter than usual. Global wierding indeed.

Marian
Chazz
2014-09-04 20:45:10 UTC
Post by VickieB
Rain
by Raymond Carver
Woke up this morning with
a terrific urge to lie in bed all day
and read. Fought against it for a minute.
Then looked out the window at the rain.
And gave over. Put myself entirely
in the keep of this rainy morning.
Would I live my life over again?
Make the same unforgivable mistakes?
Yes, given half a chance. Yes.
"Rain" by Raymond Carver, from The Collected Poems. © Knopf, 1996.
Reprinted with permission.
v .. one of life's great pleasures - reading in bed on a rainy day. Now if
we could only get some rain, my lawn thinks it's Oct., there are $700
fines for wrongful lawn watering.
Some of life's greatest pleasures...aren't on a grand scale. Watching rain
fall on the lake outside my window at this moment...

Wishing you a reign of rain...soon, v. :0)