April in Paris
Dink
2004-04-01 11:21:58 UTC
April in Paris

One April, a friend of Vernon Duke's, inspired by his famous song
"April in Paris," decided to spend the month there. The weather was
terrible.

Upon his return, the traveler complained at great length about his
disappointing trip. "Whatever made you go to Paris in April?" Duke
asked. "The weather is always terrible then." "I went because of your
song!" the friend cried. "Ah," the composer replied apologetically,
"well we really meant May, but the rhythm required two syllables."

Duke, Vernon [born Vladimir Dukelsky] (1903-1969) Russian-born
American composer [Sources: C. Fadiman, ed., Bartlett's Anecdotes]
<http://www.anecdotage.com/index.php?aid=11649>
--
Dink
N 30.21, W 97.81 http://snipurl.com/whereiam