Meds should run out at the same time
Seymore4Head
2017-03-28 19:48:44 UTC
I am constantly getting prescription renewals and having to go more
than one time per month to pick up a prescription.

I have a fix for that. Each patient should have a meds day where any
prescription should be filled to last until the meds day and any
renewal prescriptions should be for 30 or 90 days.

To me it would be even easier to have a special day for everyone. Let
the first of the month be meds day for everyone. If you go to the
doctor 9th and you get a new prescription, the doctor should write a
prescription for enough meds to make it to the first of the month.
That way every prescription you have runs out on the same day every
month.
Joan Fahlgren
Better idea, have mail order delivery with prescriptions for 90 days instead of 30. That's what my insurance offers and I love it.
Graham
2017-03-31 09:20:22 UTC
Post by Seymore4Head
[...]
I have 9 different meds, all repeats, and it was always difficult to
collect them together. But a few months ago my Chemist told me they had a
new computer program. First they brought everything together and I had to go
an extra few times. But now I get an email every 3 months that my medication
is ready to collect, and I get a (paper) bag full of my meds to last 3
months. I told them how much easier it is now, they said it was far easier
for them as well. People can get them delivered if they are handicapped but
it is only 10 minutes on my bike. Everyone here gets a single Chemist
appointed, so they have all my details and check that all my meds can work
together. All my meds are free. Social health care works. ;-)
Lloyd Bonafide
2017-04-07 21:51:57 UTC
On Tue, 28 Mar 2017 15:48:44 -0400, Seymore4Head
Post by Seymore4Head
I am constantly getting prescription renewals and having to go more
than one time per month to pick up a prescription.
I have a fix for that. Each patient should have a meds day where any
prescription should be filled to last until the meds day and any
renewal prescriptions should be for 30 or 90 days.
To me it would be even easier to have a special day for everyone. Let
the first of the month be meds day for everyone. If you go to the
doctor 9th and you get a new prescription, the doctor should write a
prescription for enough meds to make it to the first of the month.
That way every prescription you have runs out on the same day every
month.
In most other countries you don't need prescriptions as you do in the
US, plus the drugs are cheaper. Have you ever considered:

http://pharmacynuevoprogreso.blogspot.com/2011/08/goodprices-pharmacy-in-nuevo-progreso.html