This newsgroup is terrible.
Marcus
2016-05-02 18:57:23 UTC
Subject title says it all.

Marc
Wild Monkshood
2016-05-02 20:50:04 UTC
"Marcus" wrote in message news:474d001d-2eb1-49e6-86bc-***@googlegroups.com...

Subject title says it all.

Marc

**

People who would rather curse the darkness, than light a candle......
deserve everything they get.

Sammy
Marcus
2016-05-02 20:58:03 UTC
Post by Marcus
Subject title says it all.
Marc
**
As YOU are???
Marian
2016-05-03 02:02:20 UTC
Post by Marcus
Subject title says it all.
Marc
Most of us went over to Facebook.
Marcus
2016-05-03 02:25:54 UTC
Post by Marian
Post by Marcus
Subject title says it all.
Marc
Most of us went over to Facebook.
To watch your cousin's kitten videos?

To know what your sister is making for dinner?

To "like" the joke about the baby and his diaper?
Joan F (MI)
2016-05-03 14:16:39 UTC
Actually, there is a lot of political discussion on Facebook. As well as
philosophical discussion, health groups, various hobbies, just about
anything you want to talk about. You just have to spend a little time
exploring.
Marcus
I may have a FB page in the near future, although I have extreme reservations about doing so. I find FB to be invasive and insidious.
Jean B.
Ditto. Also, I doubt I have excess time to spend there.
Some One
2016-05-07 14:33:53 UTC
Post by Marcus
Subject title says it all.
And yet it doesn't.

This is much closer to saying it all:

"The people participating in this newsgroup are terrible."

See? That statement goes directly to root cause instead of hiding behind
some intermediate, reflective phenomenon ("newsgroup").

The newsgroup itself is a passive phenomena reflecting those informing
it. "Garbage in, garbage out" applies, although so does "quality in,
quality out". Same with "government", "state", "economic system". 'State'
is actually a potentially less confusing term if one stops pretending
it's an objective reality unto itself, and starts realizing it refers
to the overall *state* of a collective of constituents.
--
.- .---. . . .--- .---. . . .--- =============
/ | | |\ /| | | | |\ | | | is always |
--' '---' ' ' '--- '---' ' ' '--- =============
Marcus
2016-05-07 19:14:19 UTC
Post by Some One
Post by Marcus
Subject title says it all.
And yet it doesn't.
"The people participating in this newsgroup are terrible."
except for me.
Jean B.
2016-05-10 17:36:22 UTC
Post by Marcus
Subject title says it all.
Marc
I don't know how one can redeem a newsgroup when even innocuous posts
get turned into something nasty.
Some One
2016-06-09 17:51:56 UTC
Post by Jean B.
I don't know how one can redeem a newsgroup when even innocuous posts
get turned into something nasty.
What's this nonsense about wanting to pretend there could be white
without black?
--